Friday 12 August 2011

OMG Moment & Travels

[image taken from nandyala.org]

I've got a secret to share with Paleo folks (well, anyone really...) in search of a healthy, yummy and quick snack!  Frozen coconut chunks and prunes... I kid you not, it's no "Lara Bar" or "Paleo Brownie" recipe.  It's a lot simpler than that.

Take one coconut:
- Get yourself a coconut
- Drill a hole in it
- Slurp out the goodness
- SMASH IT!
- Take the skin off
- Shove in a bag in the freezer
- Nibble when hungry.

Take one bag of prunes:
- Open, pour into a container and put in a hidey hole so no one else can nick them!

I'm going to have a go at chopping/grating my coconut so that I can pop little bits into prunes for an even more "ready made" snack and let you know how it goes!

Linking to coconut and prunes (yes, travels can link to these yummy food sources) - I'm off to Morocco on Saturday for a week!  I've been warned about their delectable pastry, entirely non-Paleo goodies so I'm sure that I'm not going to be able to have a 100% Paleo week.  To be honest, I think I should be able to treat myself - I've not touched wheat since I first jumped into the Paleo lifestyle and managed to get through a week in the land of P*zza and P*sta (Bella Italia of course!) without touching wheat!

I'm going to document my travels in Marrakech and reveal (honestly) how hard it is to stay Paleo whilst in a country where I've been told not to trust chicken, the most mouthwatering pastries are pennies and I'm not allowed to run as it isn't the done thing out there (I've got a skipping rope with me for my bedroom workout!).

Stay strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment