Thursday 14 July 2011

Scavenger's Lunch Delights

Smoked bacon, shrooms, cherry tomatoes, blob of mustard-y dressing 
I’m taking part in the “whole30” on Jenna’s blog (Paleo Project).  I’m not going to lie and say that so far it’s been easy - although I’m lactose intolerant so I can’t have dairy anyway, I miss the other things like CARBS! I’m also not that partial to meat so I’m trying to experiment with meat and other protein-rich veggie sources (I’m hoping to have a go at tempeh soon). Another set back is that I’m still living at home so I can’t fill the house with everything yummy and strip it of all temptation.
I managed to throw together an awesome lunch though which has left me feeling completely satisfied without having to go out and buy myself “special food”.
I can’t wait to keep up the paleo challenge, I know that there’ll be temptations and I might be lead astray - but fingers crossed I’ll be able to stay strong and pick the Paleo option!

No comments:

Post a Comment