Wednesday 27 July 2011

Eastern Chicken

I was cooking for two today as my Mum is working from home so I thought I'd do something a little different (but obviously including cherry tomatoes... what can I say? I've now run out of these little beauties so I'm going to have to start getting creative!).

I went for an Eastern Chicken recipe that came to me as I stood staring at the spice rack in vain.



Eastern Chicken (Serves 2)


Ingredients:

- 2 chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- BART Baharat Spice Mix (or your spice mixture of choice)
- Large handful of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- Large handful of cabbage (shredded)

Method:


- Heat your oil of preference in a medium sized frying pan
- Add onion & garlic, cook until beginning to lightly brown
- Take chicken breast pieces and rub spice mix so that the chicken pieces are lightly covered in the mix
- Add chicken breast pieces to the onion & garlic and cook through
- After about 10 minutes (or when the chicken breast pieces are cooked), add the shredded cabbage and baby tomatoes
- Cook until the cabbage is slightly softened and the baby tomatoes have expressed their juices
- Serve & enjoy!

Stay Healthy & Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment